Charlton, Cup Finals, Cutty Sark


Weather: Constant, relentless rain.
Mood: Up and down, bursts of positivity amid the housebuying anxiety.
Word: "Tweendeck" - the deck on a ship between the top and bottom one.
Rosie: Very bossy lately, sometimes tells me, "No Daddy, no more talking." 
Lunch: Not sure yet, had smoked salmon & scrambled eggs and fruit salad for breakfast.
Exercise: 5.5-mile run round Greenwich Park in torrential downpour.
Booze: Two pints at the Cutty Sark last night: Seafarers Ale and Bengal Lancer IPA.
Purchased: Been on a vinyl binge recently, picking up Love's Forever Changes, Scritti Politti's Songs To Remember, The Face's A Nod Is Good As A Wink... and Echo & The Bunnymen's Porcupine, among many many others.
Media: Echo & The Bunnymen have been my musical obsession lately; always been a fan of the majestic "Nothing Lasts Forever" and "The Killing Moon", but now immersing myself in their entire back catalogue and enjoying Porcupine especially. I used to think the 80s were a write-off musically, but I just wasn't looking hard enough. Not watched much good TV recently, been bingeing on football mostly, but the book I'm enjoying at the minute is This Thing Of Darkness by Harry Thompson, which comes on Ruth's recommendation and is about one of my favourite passages of history, The Voyage of the Beagle, and the relationship between Darwin and the ship's captain FitzRoy.
Notes: Since my last entry, the good news is that we've found a house in Norfolk and had our offer accepted. This was a very lucky turn of events, after several weeks of hitting dead ends. I'm still resisting any temptation to start "moving in" in my head, as I know from talking to others how treacherous the process can be. In the meantime, I've got plenty to focus on instead, including two cup finals in my swan song season for Red Star, more training for another half-marathon in June and just enjoying time in London with friends & family before we up sticks.
Photo: Photo of League One champions, Charlton Athletic. So good to see my beloved Addicks heading back in the right direction, especially with Charlton legend Chris Powell at the helm.



Comments