Madeleines, Murakami, Marlborough


Weather: Overcast, and unseasonably mild for January.
Mood: Slightly tense, my workload has been bloody relentless.
Word: "Eye broccoli" - opposite of eye candy. 
Rosie: Cackled constantly while I read the Hungry Caterpillar to her.  
Lunch: Pastrami & cheddar sandwich. Madeleines. Grapes.
Exercise: 3.5-mile run. Nothing too ambitious these days.
Booze: Just a glass of Marlborough white wine with dinner.
Purchased: Emphasis on cutbacks, not spending right now - planning to cancel LoveFilm.
Media: Still reading Murakami's 1Q84, after giving up on Infinite Jest after a few hundred pages. I'll return to it when I'm a better reader with more time. Watched Ipcress File last night, Essential Killing tonight. Also enjoyed the first episode of Breaking Bad, but not sure I have time for a new series. 
Notes: January hasn't been all that kind to me, but the sadistic part of my nature has relished it. Work has been unusually busy, but that's pretty dull to expound upon, so enough of that. One of my resolutions - to cook at least 1-2 times per week - has been sustained and I've enjoyed trying some of Jamie Oliver's 30-minute meals and other recipes, while listening to BBC 6Music on the radio. Exercise has been sporadic, and apart from the occasional jog there have been some highlights like a 120-minute cup match, won in extra time 2-1, and 18 holes round West Essex GC.  
Link: http://bit.ly/xBMujl
Blog: Little things like this just make me love the Internet. One of my favourite films ever, sliced up into mini-sections, remade by the people and stitched back together by a web developer in Brooklyn. There's an interesting mix of beautiful animations and hilariously crap re-enactments, and Ruth & I sat through about the first 15 minutes laughing regularly. Such a marvellous idea, beautifully executed. 
Photo: Winter sun over Greenwich's Royal Observatory.



Comments