Drizzle, Detox, Dunwich


Weather: Miserable, uninviting drizzle - perfect for moping around with a NYE hangover
Mood: Calm, pensive. Looking forward, not back
Word: Junta - got me a tasty score on Words With Friends 
Rosie: Sponged my face clean in the bath, served me chocolate buttons  
Lunch: Cheeseburger, avocado salad & Cherry Coke
Exercise: No chance. It's New Year's Day
Booze: Drank enough red wine, cocktails & bubbly the night before to sink a battleship
Purchased: Sainsbury's shopping
Media: Been catching up on TV and films recorded over the holidays, including the new Star Trek film (very entertaining, beautifully produced), MOTD (it's been a weekend of footballing surprises) and soon about to watch the new Sherlock. Also started reading David Foster Wallace's Infinite Jest. 
Notes: Things are now winding down after a week of festive celebrations, and I'm glad to be back home, setting my own agenda and catching up on TV and reading. Last night's hangover is now subsiding, blessedly, after a great evening of wine, cocktails and cigars, smoked on our friend John's balcony overlooking the city and the midnight fireworks. Great way to spend our last NYE in London. Happy 2012!
Link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-16354472
Blog: I purposefully avoided anything depressing like Iran missile tests or more predictions of eurozone gloom, and went for this encouraging story on the BBC website about how a month's detox in January is "medically futile" and belies a common misunderstanding about how the liver works. I will be continuing my standard wine drinking routine this month, and taking the standard 2-3 days off the sauce per week.
Photo: Rosie & I out for a Boxing Day stroll on Dunwich beach.



Comments