Mumpreneur, Messy Play



Weather: Overcast again, cooler with strong winds
Mood: Perkier, especially after my run
Word: Mumpreneur
Rosie: First proper sentence, "Yes, I'm hungry"
Lunch: Cheese & coleslaw pitta, pear, iced bun
Exercise: 4.5 mile run at lunch
Booze: Glass of Burgo Viejo Rioja Tinto, very smooth indeed
Purchased: Freedom by Jonathan Franzen, 100 golf balls at the range
Media: Mainly listened to Bert Jansch (R.I.P.) on Spotify
Notes: Pretty relaxing day, although still rushing to finish a report for work before I go on holiday to Dorset this weekend. Managed a good run before lunch, after several days of lazy behaviour - with another half marathon in mid-November, I can't afford to relax. After an evening meal of chicken fajitas, took my friend Daf to the driving range to give him a beginner's lesson. Now enjoying a glass of Rioja before bedtime.
Link: http://bit.ly/mWaHi3
Blog: The link above explains my word of the day, "Mumpreneur", a new listing in this year's edition of the Collins English Dictionary. This is the first time I've come across the word, and it perfectly describes my wife who is successfully combining her own business with bringing up children. Other new entries are also driven by social trends, especially social media with the Facebook phenomenon of "unfollowing" friends and "fraping" (posting status updates on other people's Facebook without their permission).
Photo: Rosie enjoying some "messy play time" with paints, while making Thank You cards for her birthday.

Comments