British Oak

That's what I'm made of, and also where I just drank four pints of London Pride with me mate Mark. The Oak near my house in Blackheath Standard and Dacre Arms in Lewisham are homely traditional pubs, and make me proud to be British.

This little blog is being written from my iPhone and is part of a new attempt to write daily diary updates. So from now on there will probably be less of the highbrow subject matter, and more missives about the mundanity of my everyday life.

Now the festivities are over, life will slowly return to normality after all the excess food and bitter and gin by the fire associated with Christmas. But one resolution is to try and blog more as a document of early fatherhood to Rosie, among other things.

Today I had a lazy morning cooking bacon & egg muffins, then returning to bed to read Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell and a bit of the cricket on my mobile while Rosie slept. I then started some chemistry revision in advance of my module starting next Wednesday at Birkbeck. I got an 87% average for my first module.

Before heading to the pub, I made some quick pizza crumpets. Lovely relaxing afternoon and now home watching Attenborough's Life before eating shepherd's pie. With two more days off work to look forward to, I'm not yet morose about the return to work in January.

Comments