30 Songwriter Tracks


To mark the sad passing of my twenties, I'm going to list my 30 favourite singer / songwriters and what I consider to be their best tracks, on the occasion of my 30th birthday.

So, in roughly descending order:

30. Joni Mitchell - River
29. Jens Lekman - Postcard To Nina
28. Tracy Chapman - Fast Car
27. Syd Barrett - Baby Lemonade
26. Jeffrey Lewis - Williamsburg Will Oldham Horror
25. M.I.A. - Paper Planes
24. Elvis Costello - Everyday I Write The Book
23. Sam Cooke - A Change Is Gonna Come
22. Don McLean - Vincent
21. Paul Simon - Me and Julio Down By The Schoolyard
20. Cat Power - Lived In Bars
19. Elliott Smith - Between The Bars
18. Van Morrison - Into The Mystic
17. Sufjan Stevens - Casimir Pulaski Day
16. Feist - Now At Last
15. Bon Iver - Re: Stacks
14. Smog - Truth Serum
13. Gordon Lightfoot - If You Could Read My Mind
12. Marvin Gaye - What's Goin' On
11. Neil Young - Old Man
10. David Bowie - Oh! You Pretty Things
9. Beck - Where It's At
8. Bjork - Pagan Poetry
7. Johnny Cash - Folsom Prison Blue (Live)
6. Michael Jackson - Off The Wall
5. Serge Gainsbourg - L'Hotel Particulier
4. Tom Waits - Downtown Train
3. Leonard Cohen - Suzanne
2. Nick Drake - Northern Sky
1. Bob Dylan - Tangled Up In Blue


Comments